Sixty-four is the square of 8, the cube of 4, and the sixth power of 2. It is the smallest number with exactly seven divisors. It is the lowest positive power of two that is adjacent to neither a Mersenne prime nor a Fermat prime. 64 is the sum of Euler’s totient function for the first fourteen integers. It is also a dodecagonal number and a centered triangular number.
- The number of crayons in the popular Crayola 64 pack
- Number of codons in the RNA codon table under genetic code.
- In some computer programming languages, the size in bits of certain data types
- The total number of black (dark) and white (light) squares on chess game board
- The code for international direct dial calls to New Zealand
- The designation of USInterstate 64, a freeway from Missouri to Virginia
- The designation of U.S. Route 64, a highway from Arizona to North Carolina
- The subject of the Beatles song “When I’m Sixty-Four“
- The registry of the U.S. Navy’s aircraft carrier USS Constellation (CV-64)
- The number of Braille characters in the old 6-dot system
- The maximum number of strokes in any Chinese character
- Number of hexagrams in the I Ching
- Number of sexual positions in the Kama Sutra
- Number of demons in the Dictionnaire Infernal
- The number of the French departmentPyrénées-Atlantiques
- Number of golden disks in the myth of the Tower of Hanoi.
Sixty-four is the number of frikkin miles remaining to hit my goal of 4,000 miles in a year!
Only one day left so that means yet another metric century…that’s three this week. Tomorrow’s weather looks ideal, so lets hope these legs have one more good ride left in them to close out the year.
Route: All over the place
Ride Time: 4:24:28
Distance: 75.83 miles
Average: 17.20 mph
Fastest Speed: 48.39 mph
Ascent: 1238 feet
Descent: 1096 feet